Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Bana to be Henry? NOOOOO!

Okay, so I'm out of the loop. This is old news according to the fact this is dated April and we're now in June, but BANA IS GOING TO BE HENRY? Why didn't somebody tell me so I could get upset?

I'm not saying he's not a great actor who can play any role, as long as that role requires a broad Australian accent. Since when did he get great reviews for Troy? Did the yanks not pick up on the "Then every son of Troy will die" line? In my mind it's comparable to "That's not a knife" in its ockerness. Which, in my mind, cuts him out of the running for playing a sensitive American librarian who can travel through time. Not sure I would have bought Brad Pitt either. I like the suggestion of Kate Winslet, though I do love Rachel McAdams.

Just another thing to fallout from the Aniston-Pitt marriage I suppose. Though I'm glad it hasn't become a Pitt-Jolie adventure. As much as I am for Team Jolie, I can't see her waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting... Rachel will do that beautifully, and I may cry for four days once again. Unless Bana stuffs it up by saying "G'day love, waiting long?"

Librarian Out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

I am totally with you on this on. Bana playing Henry is just plain wrong. And I've never heard of Rachel McAdams or seen her work, so I can't comment there. Hopefully, the movie won't completely ruin a wonderful book.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007 12:21:00 pm  
Blogger NomesD said...

Have you not seen The Notebook? Read and rent it immediately. The only reason I don't think Ryan Gosling should play Henry is becuase he and Rachel were so perfect in The Notebook, and Time Traveler shouldn't be a poor man's Notebook, because although NB is good, TTW is INCREDIBLE.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007 12:29:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home