Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Éire

Dia daoibh from the Old Country. Just a quick note to let you all know how I'm going. Which is: awesome.

Love the people, the scenery, the constantly being fed.

Maria's 30th was a riot and a hilarious demonstration that Lord of the Flies still applies today (take one Pinata, 10 children, and mix. Watch the carnage ensue.) I've decided I'm having a huge 30th so I can get as many cool presents as she did. Handbags always welcome.

Westport is gorgeous - if you haven't been to the west of Ireland, you should come with me when I come back for the wedding (not that he's asked her yet - running joke of the weekend). I'm now in Maynooth, which is just north-south-east or west of Dublin (I'm gonna guess west but I couldn't be bothered tracking it down on the net - though that would have taken less time than writing this sentence - give me a break I'm on holiday and don't feel like being a researcher /fact checker/anally retentive librarian today). I'm gonna head into Dublin this arvo and will report back with what I think of it in time.

So far, I've decided I might have to look into the Irish visa. Anyone wanna tell me all about it so I can continue to be lazy?

Librarian Traveller Out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi,
A friend told me about your blog because I'm also a librarian who loves to travel (don't get to do it as much as I'd like!). I used to study in the UK but have know clue about applying for visas. If you find out anything about the UK or Ireland, will you be posting it? Thanks!

Monday, July 09, 2007 7:39:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home