Saturday, April 21, 2007

Paddles! Clear!

After some Kovac-like heroics my friendly neighbourhood computer doctor has brought Lappy back from the brink. Yay!!! The motherboard is now connected to the CPU in glorious harmony, and the virus is gone. YAY!!!

Highlights since we've been gone:
  • A parental and step parental visited, which was awesome. Spent most of the week with them, highlights were Winchester (they have the best Cathedral choir in the country - who knew? They are truly incredible, however, and could whip the St Paul's Evensong in a fight any day), the ferry ride to and from Greenwich, and eating a ridiculously tiny meal in a ludicrously expensive restaurant in the swanky hotel they were staying at. Seriously, they were Barbie-portions. No wonder there are so many skinny rich women.
  • I got a payrise. Yay!!! Possibly enough to get me to the Highly Skilled Migrant level, but since the Home Office doubled visa fees that decided me on my course of going home, which I was pretty set on due to pretty much everyone I love living on the other side of the world. Work, travel, home. Get skinny, be pretty bridesmaid. We all need goals.
  • Wonderful wonderful Copenhagen. I visited a friend from Uni and we had awesome Danish breakfasts, went on a Canal tour, had a drink at a wacky 60s hotel designed by Arne Jacobsen, then spent the rest of the weekend watching Sex and the City, consuming Toblerone, wine and lasagne in vast quantities (and in that order). Overall the perfect Easter weekend.
  • I bought a pretty green summer dress today. It matches my glasses. Hey, often it's the small things that make us happy.

Lappy is back. The world is a good place.

Librarian Out.

PS Sanjaya is gone. Yay!!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And she is back!

Monday, April 23, 2007 9:28:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home