Friday, June 01, 2007

Next stop, Ireland

So Berlin is awesome. Go there. Just trust me on this. I don't have a lot of time to tell you why it's so magnificent - highlights are history, culture, the way they deal with their history and culture, the blatant outness of their red light district (I saw real prostitutes! They looked better than Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman!) and the New Berlin walking tours. (Guides who work for tips are AWESOME.)

Next up I'm in Ireland for about a week - I don't have my return flight back yet but it's looking like either Thursday or Saturday I'll come back to merry ole London. Leaning towards Saturday as that will give me more time in Dublin (in Westport for the first few days), but shall see. It's my infamous girl date friend's 30th Birthday Par-tay so I'll be living large in County Mayo for a few days, then crashing with her in (or near - whatever) Dublin.

On my return to the suddenly brisk capital of England I'll be working for a few more weeks, just till the end of June. Those of you in or around the London area on the 30th please ensure you contact me for details of the massive par-tay that will be had... when I figure out what those details are. Stay tuned to this station, or more likely to your inbox or my Facebook page. That is sooo much easier to update than a blog. Anyhoo, the extra weeks at my illustrious German employer should allow me that extra bit of cash that will be required to stretch my travel into August. So I probably won't be back in the Land of Oz much before mid August... possibly Sept. I dunno, I'm totally going with the flow and unconcerned with details. Which is SO UNLIKE ME it's like totally refreshing. I feel like a new person! With a heavy head cold! Ah well, you can't have everything.

Librarian Out.

PS If you're a fan of celebrity gossip and general trivial nonsense written up in a snarky yet grammatically correct and generally intelligent way, check out Defamer Australia. They're streaming all of the best bits from the Defamer site in the States, but leaving out the irrelevant crap (industry stuff, what's on in LA this week etc etc), and adding in Aussie content on everything from Big Brother to Paul Keating (who knew he was back? I'm so out of the loop!) Oh, and Neighbours. No Aussie site would be complete without it. Go. Read. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home