Saturday, April 15, 2006

My "Friends" email to the world

Okay, so Trish sent me this and I've spent so much time emailing I haven't had time to write a proper post. I have heaps of stuff to report, but it will have to wait until it's not 3am in the morning. So, to keep my eager fans (I know who you are) enthralled, I'm answering the "Friends" email Trish sent me for all the world to see. Now stop bugging me for posts! I know you have no lives, but I have to live for you to do so vicariously, and that takes time, people, time!

1. What time did you get up this morning?
About midday, Vancouver time. I was exhausted after coming from LA yesterday, even though there's no time difference. Go figure.

2. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
The Inside Man with Paul in Sydney. Loved it. Even with a mask, that guy is damn sexy (yes, I have no idea what his name is right now).


3.What is your favourite TV show?
Tough one. Probably Veronica Mars. No, Gilmore Girls. Ooh, scrap that, it's Battlestar Gallactica. No, 24. Geez, I don't know. Paul, send me more TV so I can work it out :-)


4. What did you have for breakfast?
A genuine Canadian breakfast - not nearly as good as the one Espressohead serves, but it was $4 so who's complaining? Well, me actually, because it didn't even have hash browns, not like Marg used to make them. *sheesh*


5. Favourite cuisine?
Now that I'm back with Danielle I'm thinking chocolate...
When I'm with Jess it'll probably be Chicken Tikka Masala. If someone else is buying, it's steak. I'm only slightly impressionable ;-)

6. What is your middle name?
Joan. Apparently "of Arc" fame. Dad never gave up on me becoming a Catholic Saint.

7. What food do you dislike?
Omelettes make me vomit.


8. What is your favourite CD at the moment?
You mean playlist on my Naom-iPod, right? That would be Kim's Favourites. Yeah, baby, you know you rock it.


9. What kind of car do you drive?
Unfortunately Charles has been retired and I am now car-free. *cry, cry*

10. Favourite sandwich?
Oooh, tricky one. Sometimes I really crave ham, cheese and sandwich pickles. But I can always go a BLT, especially if it also has an A in it. I hate to admit it, but I LOVE white bread, and will happily eat half a married high tin with no accompaniment. You know there are Starbucks on every corner here instead of bakeries? Now if only someone would combine bread and coffee, I'd have my perfect food store.


11. Favourite item(s) of clothing?
My pink JLo tracksuit is a must, especially seeing as it's one of the only warmish things I have with me and it's bloody cold here. *BRRR*

12. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation?
Well, on an exploring myself and visiting my friends vacation it's LA, Vancouver, NYC and London, obviously. But right now I would love to be lying on a beach in the middle of a tropical paradise. Did I mention I'm cold?


13. What colour is your bathroom?
Danielle's bathroom is a deep grey-blue, and beautifully decorated like everything else in her house. I don't *sniff* currently have a *sniff sniff* bathroom to call my own. Yeah, I know you feel for me.


14. Favourite brand of clothing?
Ummm... bought a lot of stuff from Express at the Beverly Centre, but mostly coz everything else there pretty much sucks - either way overpriced or just plain slutty (what is it with starf*ckers in LA? Must they ruin my shopping experience?) In Australia I LOVE Sportsgirl pants, and anything I buy from Witchery I wear forever, probably because it's so overpriced.


15. Where would you retire to?
I don't even know where my next job will be, let alone what I'll do when I finish my working journey. I guess it would depend on my interests, health and lifestyle, but right now I'm thinking somewhere warmish where people are somewhat odd. No, not impressionable AT ALL.


16. What was your most memorable birthday?
The anniversary of my 21st birthday rocked. German's broke things, I forced people to admit they wanted me. A good time was had by all.


17. Favourite sport(s) to watch?
I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I prefer to play than to watch. I got pretty into the ice dancing at the Winter Olympics though. The Italians were hilarious. Poor Maurizio!


18. Furthest place you are sending this?
The world is my destination, baby. Teeheehee.

19. Who do you least expect to send this back to you?

Obviously not written for a blog. If you wish to send this back to me, you may, as I am happy to know more about you, whoever you are ;-)

20. The person you expect to send it back first?
I'd just be happy for a comment at this stage.

21. Favourite saying:
Right now I'm trying to use Australian swear words to differentiate me, so "bloody..." is becoming a favourite. Also "no worries".

22. When is your birthday?
30th June. My father is an economist, he planned me as a deduction.

23. Are you a morning person or a night person?
Okay, your really don't know me. I don't wake up until at least 2 cups of coffee and 2 hours after I arise.

24. What is your shoe size?
Manolo Blahnik.

25. Pets:
Mum has Monte, the adorably scruffy toy poodle named after the Italian composer Monteverdi, and Dad and Anne have a cute little Jack Russell, Polly. Right now I'm living with Freda, a beautiful cat. And seeing as most of them are pure evil, that's quite incredible. (Yes, I know I'll be evicted from the Librarian Posse for generally disliking cats, and I'm okay with that.)

26. What did you want to be when you were little?
Very little: Queen of the Dress Up Box, and Queen of the Monkey Bars. Having achieved that, when I was a bit older I aspired to be a singer-actress-model, just like I thought Kylie was.

27. How are you today?
I've had a good day. Went walking (hiking?) in a Forest in, or just outside of (no idea) Vancouver, which was really beautiful. The Canadian landscape is so familiar, yet so different. It's bloody green.

Stay tuned for my sum-up of the wackiness that is the City of Angels. Happy Easter/ Passover/ Spring / Autumn Festivals.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I love white bread too! I was so appalled at the whole low GI / low carbs revolution where suddenly white bread is "bad" for you. I was like....wtf I can't even eat bread now?? Well screw them. Life's too short to eat a lettuce sandwich on brown bread.

Sunday, April 16, 2006 4:22:00 am  
Blogger Libby said...

Firstly, I'm commenting. So you should be jumping up and down for joy, looking like a complete idiot.

Next, it is my deep regret to inform you ... (brace yourself)... that not only has Charles "retired" as you so gracefully put it, by now he has probably been sent to the great caryard in the sky. He was only worth $AU50. But hey, it could buy you a couple of Candian breakfasts or maybe a quarter of a Manolo Blahnik heel.

Enjoy Vancover, chocolate and the cold! He he.

Sunday, April 16, 2006 1:07:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

Friday, July 21, 2006 1:42:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home